Amphicars



These amphicars are some of the coolest things we have ever seen! These boat/cars are adjacent to the Boathouse and can be rented for a ride around the lake along with your own personal captain. There is a funny story behind these cool amphicars. My mom and I were having drinks on the Boathouse dock when she saw them for the first time (actually her 2nd time). She went crazy because she told me this story about how she saw one of these amphicars in 1964 drive out of a lake in Pennsylvania! She and my grandparents thought this was going to be the future...although they obviously are not very efficient and never made it very far in either the boat or car industry.  Still,
they are pretty awesome to see in person and we hope to go for a ride someday!



                                           
 The cost is $125 for 3-4 guests and includes your own private Car Captain. In true Disney fashion, they have purchased original amphicars from across the country. Each one is detailed and unique. They look like so much fun! My main concern is how low to the water the amphicar floats (although I have never been on one so this is my perception from land). I only hope that the gators stay away when the amphicars cross the lake. This is just our northern fears coming out (we are not used to the wildlife down here and not sure we ever will be).
If you are looking for something different and memorable to do, I would say this is perfect!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Inspiring Innovation